Hasegawa Aircraft 1/72 Kawanishi H8K2 Type 2 Flying Boat Aircraft Kit
Estimated Shipping: 2-3 Business DaysHSG-1575
The Exceptional IJN "Emily"
Nicknamed "Emily" by the Allies, the Kawanishi H8K2 was first developed in June of 1943. The H8K2 boasted many advantages over the H8K1, most notably Mitsubishi® MK4Q engines and an upgraded tail gun turret. Later versions lacked side gun blisters; these featured Air-to-Surface-Vessel search radar. These improvements helped make the H8K2 a favorite with pilots in the IJN. Its heavy bomb load, long range, and radar made it an effective anti-sub and patrol aircraft. Only four survived the war.
Hasegawa has designed this kit using the latest in digital technology to ensure accurate detail inside and out.
- 283 highly detailed plastic pieces molded in gray and clear
- Full compliment of crew figures
- Detailed cockpit with crew
- Waterslide decals
- Illustrated instructions
Decal Options: One decal sheet with markings for 3 versions:
- IJN TAKUMA Naval Flying Group (T-31)
- IJN 802nd Naval Flying Group (N1-26)
- IJN 801st Naval Flying Group (801-86)