Tamiya Aircraft 1/32 DeHavilland Mosquito FB Mk VI Aircraft Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business DaysTAM-60326
Drawn up as a high speed, unarmed bomber, the twin engine De Havilland Mosquito fulfilled that role and so many more for the RAF and other Allied air forces during WWII, taking advantage of performance so astonishing it earned the aircraft its nickname: Wooden Wonder. (That, and the fact it was made largely of wood, in contrast to most of its contemporaries.) The FB Mk.VI fighter-bomber variant, which first appeared in the skies in Spring 1943, packed a punch with four 7.7mm nose-mounted machine guns and four powerful 20mm auto-cannons, plus the ability to carry four 500lb bombs. With around 2,700 produced it was the most prolifically manufactured Mosquito variant, and this high performance, multi-role aircraft was relied on to attack sensitive enemy targets such as SS facilities, V1 flying bomb sites, and munitions factories, taking advantage of its precision low-altitude bombing skills.
- Highly-detailed cockpit, plus depiction of four machine guns complete with ammo cases and belts.
- Paintable tires use assembly tread sections and capture compression caused by plane weight.
- Choose open or closed bomb bay. 20mm auto cannons and two 500lb bomb parts are found inside.
- Tail wheel mud guard and strut are depicted. Left and right sides of horizontal stabilizer are part of the same piece, as on the actual aircraft.
- The kit includes parts to recreate propellers with the early variant slim line blades, or wider paddle type blades.
- Detailed 4-piece engine cowling offers a selection of standard or longer intake-fitted tropical filter parts.
- The Merlin engines are breathtakingly recreated, including depictions of the supercharger. Just like on the real Mosquito, the engine mount and landing gear struts are integrated.
- The model can be assembled with exhausts uncovered or covered.
- U.S. Version contains EXTRA CLEAR PARTS sprue for the engine cover!