Tamiya Aircraft 1/32 F4E Phantom II Early Fighter Kit
Estimated Shipping: 4-5 Business DaysTAM-60310
The F-4E came into production as an improved version of the F-4C/D and was to be the most advanced model of the Phantom series. After elongating the fighter's nose and installing a more compact radar, the solid-state Westinghouse AN/APQ-120, the installation of a nose-mounted gun became possible and a 20mm M61A1 six-barrelled Vulcan cannon was employed. The Vulcan 20mm cannon, with its ammunition drum of approximately 640 rounds, was capable of firing 4000-6000 rounds a minute and proved reliable in air-to-ground and close quarters aerial combat. F-4E made its first flight in June 1967 and entered the rising conflict of the Vietnam War in November 1968 when the first F-4E's reached Korat in Thailand and joined up with the 469th Tactical Fighter Squadron. By the time of the cease-fire of 1973 the F-4E was credited with a total of 21 MiG kills, 5 brought down by gunfire alone.
- Scale: 1/32, fuselage length: 600mm, wingspan: 368mm.
- The intrepid form of the F-4E Phantom with its characteristically elongated nose, has been accurately reproduced.
- Fuselage has been molded as one piece with intricate areas faithfully recreated. Main pieces can be fastened to fuselage with screws.
- Plane's nose can be reproduced with clear parts to allow viewing of the details of the 20mm M61A1 6 barrel Vulcan gun pod and AN/APQ-120 radar after model assembly.
- Exquisite detail of cockpit and instrument panels portrayed in superb detail. Canopy can be assembled in the open or closed position.
- Landing gear reproduced with dye-cast parts and tires are recreated with real rubber.
- Parts for recreation of full armament, such as air-to-air missiles, are included in kit. Kit also features pilot and co-pilot figures as well as decals for replication of two different planes.