Tamiya Aircraft 1/32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIe Aircraft Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business DaysTAM-60321
The legendary Supermarine Spitfire is often credited with saving England during WWII. Among its many variants was the Mk.XVI, which was a Mk.IX airframe that was powered by a Merlin 266 engine license-built by Packard Motor Car Company in the United States. Most Mk.XVIs featured the larger rudder and E Type wing with two 20mm cannons and two 12.7mm machine guns. With the introduction of the teardrop canopy, the rear upper fuel tank capacity was reduced to 33 gal. and that of the forward lower fuel tank was increased to 48 gal. to compensate. 1,054 Mk.XVIs were produced from September 1944 until July 1945. During the war, they were deployed on the European front and served as fighter-bombers. In the post-war period, the Mk.XVI was used by the RAF as well as the Belgian and Greek air forces until the early-1950s.
- Challenging model production technology limits, the engine cowlings have an amazing 0.4mm thickness to allow for a fully accurate scale representation of the engine. These cowlings can be installed and removed thanks to small magnets.
- The E Wing with its two 20mm cannons and two 12.7mm Browning machine guns is faithfully reproduced.
- The details of the Packard Motor built Merlin 266 engine, including oil tanks and supercharger, have been faithfully reproduced.
- Movable elevators, rudder, and ailerons. Flaps can be depicted in up or down position.
- Landing gear parts included to depict either up or down position (interchangeable).
- Complicated frame configuration of the cockpit features realistic bulkheads and frames.
- Photo-etched parts to depict details such as wheel covers, cockpit area including instrument panel and seat belts with or without pilot included.
- 1 seated and 1 standing pilot figures are included.
- Three kinds of markings included.
- Also included is a display stand which enables you to depict the plane in flight