Tamiya Aircraft 1/48 Grumman F-14D Multi-Role Fighter Kit
SEE SPECIAL SAVINGS ON THIS ITEM WHEN YOU CHECKOUTTAM-61118
Following on from their successful 1/48 scale model of the F-14A in 2016, Tamiya is delighted to announce a new Tomcat in their 1/48 Aircraft Series.
The F-14D, an updated version of the aircraft that served until the Tomcat was retired from U.S. Navy service in 2006. It featured an improved engine in the shape of the General Electric F110, and the aircraft’s transition from the earlier carrier-based fighter models to the F-14D multi-role aircraft was facilitated by digital updates to radar and fire control systems. Some F-14Ds were newly-constructed, while conversions from F-14As also existed.
- F-14D-specific features such as the engine afterburner nozzles, vertical stabilizers and even minute panel lines such as the RIO reinforced boarding step included.
- A detailed cockpit includes depictions of updated instrument panels and ejection seats.
- Model parts depict late variants of Phoenix, Sparrow, and Sidewinder air-to-air missiles. Also included are parts for drop tank, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, LANTIRN targeting pod, TARPS reconnaissance pod and jamming pod – a comprehensive line-up.
- Features moving depiction of variable sweep wing. 2 sets of parts - interchangeable after completion – depict sealing plates and airbags with the wing in fully swept and full forward positions.
- Slide molding was used to ensure highly realistic canopy, air intake side, and fuselage side sections.
- Poly caps allow movement of horizontal stabilizers.
- omes with realistic figures depicting pilot and RIO (Radar Intercept Officer) in the seated pose.
- Includes high-quality decals to represent VF-2, VF-11, VF-101, and VF-213 marking options, plus a handy set of masking stickers for use when painting the canopy and intake trunks.