Tamiya Military 1/35 Toyota Model AB Phaeton Car Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business DaysTAM-35338
The Toyota AB phaeton was a vehicle first produced in 1936 and it was part of the line started by the famed Japanese maker’s first mass-produced car: the AA. The AB shared much of its design with the AA, such as the 3.4-liter inline-6 engine and body lines influenced heavily by U.S. road cars. Where it differed from the AA, however, was in its folding cloth roof, movable front windscreen and front-hinged doors. In fact, with war breaking out so soon after its initial production, the vast majority of ABs never made it into private owners’ hands but was rather sent for military use. They were painted in khaki and were often used as staff cars. 353 Toyota ABs were manufactured up until the end of WWII.
- The form of the AB is captured in all its classic style, with rounded front grille and fenders.
- Modelers can choose to depict the roof in deployed or retracted position.
- Interior parts such as seats, floor panels, ladder frame, engine underside and more offer a realistic finish.
- Auxiliary seats can be assembled in folded out or stowed position.
- Comes with 1 driver figure.