Trumpeter Military Models 1/35 Chinese PLZ83A Self-Propelled Howitzer Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business DaysTSM-5536
This is the People’s Liberation Army’s standard heavy howitzer. It entered service in the early-1980s and was present in large numbers for service in
and against the Russians. The main armament cannon is based on the Chinese 152-mm Towed Type 66 mounted on an entirely new chassis similar to the Russian 152-mm SP Gun-Howitzer 2S3. The layout of the Type 83 follows the general pattern of the American M109, with six road wheel pairs, the engine and drive sprocket at the front, and the large square turret at the rear. The gun is capable of firing standard 152mm howitzer rounds as well as a new RAP round known as the MP-152. The fire control system is operated from a panel. Direct fire sights are provided as well as infrared night sights. There are extensive storage points around the hull and turret. The crew communicates with each other using the Type 803 intercom system.
- 300+ Parts
- Molded exterior features
- 1-piece lower hull and multi-piece upper hull
- Separate turret with interior and 12.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun
- Separate hatches, drivers interior with seat, well represented suspension (multi part sprockets and idlers, road wheels and vinyl track lengths)
- Separate on-vehicle equipment (stowage bins, jerry cans and more), filigree handholds, 2-piece injection molded 152mm howitzer, braided copper wire tow cable and photo-etch engine deck grilles.
- Decals and 5- view color painting guide for a single tank.