Trumpeter Military Models 1/35 JGSDF Type 87 AW Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun Kit
This Product Usually Ships In 2-3 Business DaysTSM-1599
The Type 87 AW is a Japanese air defense weapon built around the Oerlikon 35 mm twin cannon system used on the Gepard tank. It had been developed in 1987, given the Type 87 designation status, with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries providing the chassis and Japan Steel Works providing the cannon system. Initially, the chassis of the Type 61 tank would be used. Later, it had been rejected and had the chassis of the Type 74 tank used instead as a basis for producing the Type 87 AW.
- Crisply molded raised and engraved hull features
- Well represented running gear with multi-part wheels and sprockets and individual link track
- Separately molded on-vehicle equipment and hatches, rear stowage rack and bins
- Turret (with adjustable position radar antennae and guns, smoke grenade dischargers and photo-etch parts (brackets, bustle mesh and deck grilles)
- Decals and color painting reference for 4 Japan Ground Self-Defense Force vehicles